Jobs at the High River Library
There is one position currently available at the High River Library--Library Assistant I (Casual On-call).
Library Assistant I (Casual On-call)
If you have a flexible schedule and are interested in libraries, public service, and new technology join our team at the High River Library
As a library assistant, you will be working with other staff members in a public service environment. You will check items in and out, use the library’s online catalogue, and participate in processing, sorting, tidying, and shelving collection items. Your strong verbal communication and customer service skills will help you provide answers to patron queries and information about library technology, programs, and services.
· A minimum of Grade 12 and/or experience/education in public library operations.
· Satisfactory background screening including a vulnerable sector criminal record check.
· Must be available to work day, evening, or weekend shifts.
· Experience and comfort working with computers, library e-services, and technology.
· Knowledge of the Polaris integrated library system (ILS) is beneficial.
· The position includes frequent standing, walking, and bending. Should be able to lift, carry, or move library materials/equipment weighing 5-10 kg on a regular basis, with occasional lifting of items up
to 25 kg.
· Able to reach a range of shelves between 5 cm and 200 cm above floor level.
What you bring to the position
· Ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Effective listening and verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective time management skills.
· A positive attitude and excellent customer service skills including exceptional telephone etiquette.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by Monday, March 13, 2017 at 6 pm with a résumé and cover letter to:
High River Library
909 1 St SW
High River, AB T1V 1A5
|Casual Library Assistant I _Feb 23 2017.pdf||225.5 KB|